Thursday, October 23, 2008

Live from Art Class: The Figure

We had our second model come in for my drawing class last night. I enjoy drawing the figure - it's challenging and forces you to focus on what you actually see.


Here is the first five minute contour drawing - you draw the figure or object without looking at the paper.


This is a modified contour drawing - you look at the paper only sporadically - done after 10 minutes.


Here is the second 10 minute modified contour drawing.



And here's the final contour drawing done in three 20 minute intervals.
I really like this one. I have a "confident line" my classmate told me.

After three hours all I wanted to do was go home and draw some more!
If you want to learn how to draw - take a figure drawing class. Money well spent.

No comments: