Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dr. Sketchy's Extravaganza

I went to my first Dr. Sketchy's drawing night this evening. What fun!
Dr. Sketchy's is a "cabaret-inspired alternative life drawing class."
The event was created by Molly Crabapple in Brooklyn, NY back in 2005 and has spread far and wide across the United States and every continent except Antarctica at bars all over the country. Burlesque dancers, roller derby girls and other interesting people are the models, and they wear funky costumes!

Here are my best drawings.






This one won a prize!


This one won too!


And here are the super prizes I won.

I met some interesting people, enjoyed a tasty beverage and listened to great music. For those of you interested in joining the shenanigans next month in Denver, check out the local Dr. Sketchy's MySpace page.

No comments: