Saturday, April 26, 2008

Disney/ABC Fellowship where are you?

Does anyone have any idea what happened to this program?
The last update says that submissions must be sent in by July 1, 2007.

Eh?

Every screenwriting blog out there promotes this competition but silly Disney/ABC won't respond to email inquires and their automated phone messaging service is stuck in a loop.

I myself have called and emailed four times now with no success. Perhaps you will have more success than I. Here is their contact info:

The Disney•ABC Writing Fellowship
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4016

www.disneyabctalentdevelopment.com

E-mail: abc.fellowships@abc.com
Telephone: (818) 560-6894

In all seriousness if anyone out there knows if this fellowship will be offered in 2009 please let me know so I can post the information. Thanks.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Angela! Thanks for the shoutout. I think they'll probably offer the ABC fellowship again...they're just bad at updating the website.

Even still...last year they accepted 14 people out of 2500 applicants. I mean, I'm applying...but I'm not exactly counting on it.

Dan In LA said...

I was wondering about that too. I googled it, and found two bloggers who posted abou the fellowship: One said the deadline is July 1 and one (Who claims to have attended an event where Disney announced the 2009 fellowship) said the deadline is July 31.

If it's any comfort, I found posts from people from April 20th LAST YEAR asking why the website hasn't been updated yet for the 2008 fellowship. So it seems that the website only gets updated a month or two before deadline.

I've emailed/tried the hotline, too. Frustrating...