Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cubby Jumps!

Here is my first animation for Traditional Animation II. I really like this class. It is taught by Michael Vickner, the same guy who oversaw last semester's animation workshop. He's really good about explaining concepts and I know that I will do well this semester.

I received a great reaction for my first animation:


Michael pointed out two things that will dramatically help me improve. The first is to make sure my arcs are followed correctly. The three frames before Cubby lands are a little strange - the poses are not in the best direction so it looks odd. The second thing he recommended was to add variety by changing up the timing. I shot everything on 2s in ToonBoom, he recommended using 1s, 2s, and even 3s when animating to add texture.

Next week: a dog walking!

No comments: