Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Sheridan Portfolio, Teen Titans and ASLD Tuesday Life Drawing

I did three things today:

1) Worked on my character design for my Sheridan portfolio.
2) Watched Seasons 3 and 4 of Teen Titans
3) Went to art class

Cartoons + Art = good drawings and consumption of too many cookies. Yum.

In regards to my portfolio, I found a design that works well and will post my work in the next few days or so.

As for Teen Titans, show that I love, I've discovered that Season 3 is the best out of the 5 Seasons. This one features three of my all-time favorite episodes: "Spellbound," in which Raven is lured into freeing a malicious dragon posing as a handsome wizard, " "Betrothed," where Blackfire and Starfire battle for control of Tamaran, and "X" where Red X mysteriously returns and Robin must face the reality that things are supposed to be simple, but they are not. Not to mention this is the season where Beast Boy becomes a werewolf creature and Cyborg helps create Titans East. And Bumblebee kicks major butt.

As for class, Mitch showed us slides of figure drawings from artists such as Van Gogh, John Singer Sargent, Klimt, Degas, Picasso, and several Russian and Chinese artists.
We had a lesson today on creating a great design using composition, gesture, tone, perspective, focal point, anatomy and color. I must say it's the first time I've ever enjoyed watching a slide show.

Marie modeled for us for the drawing portion of class. She is a middle-aged woman with great poses and volume. I enjoy drawing different ages and body types and it was nice to have a model that wasn't young and skinny for once.

One minute gesture drawings














Five minute drawings




10 minute drawing

No comments: