Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tuesday's Fundamentals of Life Drawing Class

I love this class! I signed up for an instructed life drawing class with Mitch Caster over at ASLD and I must say the class is awesome. Mitch is everything my old cranky teacher from my last fundamentals class was not: funny, interesting, and a great demonstrator of the craft of art. The class is packed and he makes time for everyone and offers great critiques.

RMCAD grad Jenny served as an excellent model. What I like best about these charcoal drawings is that it's the first time I've ever captured the true likeness of the person's face. These actually look like Jenny, which is exciting. And if you get the opportunity you should check out her paintings on display over at Carla Wright Gallery. Fascinating and colorful stuff.




No comments: